“ARE WE HUMAN BEINGS OR ARE WE SPIRITUAL BEINGS ON A HUMAN JOURNEY?”
Reflect for a moment on the question above. There will be times when individual(s) will have questions and desire to seek answers concerning their spirituality. Who are we? Are we spiritual beings who answer to a Higher power? Where do we come from as a people or as a culture? What direction are we headed in during this journey called life? What lies ahead beyond this life? What is needed or expected of me while here on this earth? These are all important questions that each individual(s) may encounter throughout their life. We will explore these types of questions through universal tools such as Scriptural Readings, Spiritual Rituals, Prayer/Meditation, and Emotional/Spiritual Guidance & Assessments.
- We may explore scriptural readings to gain better insight and clarity on account of the individual(s) faith as they would understand it.
- We may explore historical context which may involve research and discovery on the individual(s), as well as the, Chaplain/Pastoral Care person(s) behalf.
- We may explore anthropological theories and key concepts that lead to a better understanding of life and creation.
- We may explore the spiritual rituals of communion, blessings, etc. and the explanation of the importance of the individual(s) spiritual journey and what it means to oneself.
- We may explore the individual(s) traditions, morals, and values along with the traditions, morals, and values of others of common/different faiths and beliefs.
- We may explore the explanation of the importance of staying connected to your spirituality throughout life’s journey.
- We may explore the importance of prayer/meditation and how this can be a possible tool to use as a means of relaxation and comfort.
- We may explore the importance of fasting and how this could draw the individual(s) closer to their faith and belief.
- We may explore and provide prayer guidance within the individual(s) faith and their cultural exposure.
EMOTIONAL/SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE & ASSESSMENT
- We may explore meeting the individual(s) emotional/spiritual needs.
- We may explore providing resources for psychosocial behaviors and needs.
- We may explore the insight and understanding to the individual(s) emotions on social justice/liberation.